Walk inside a shop, you will immediately see their business permit from the mayor or DTI and other certificates prominently displayed – businesses are required to do so. As a customer, you will know that the business is a legitimate entity and assures you of a safe transaction. You can also expect the business to deliver high quality products or services.
The same is true is the online world - a verified page on Facebook will assure both customers and potential buyers they are transacting with the official page. A blue checkmark will be displayed for prominent entities and personalities, and a gray checkmark for small and local businesses.
Few e-commerce sites offer an extensive verification system for sellers specially in retail or business-to-consumers (b2c) websites and buy-and-sell or customer-to-customer (c2c) marketplaces. Consumers mostly rely on reviews and ratings to find out the credibility of sellers. Sellers need to be careful to avoid negative reviews to protect their credibility. The platforms must also put a system to avoid fake reviews.
For business-to-business (b2b) marketplaces, there are verification systems in place. Business buyers demand that a seller is trustworthy before making any transaction. For Alibaba, it’s a paid service as part of their Gold Membership program. Burket offers free verification for a limited time.
As a business owner, here are the benefits of having a verified business profile:
Benefits of verifying your business page
Your customers will avoid confusion when you have a verified page – they know they are the right place to directly connect with your business. You’ll have the authority over fake Facebook pages and bogus online sellers.
Your business will be more trustworthy when customers see a verified checkmark. Aside from reviews and ratings, having a verified page will make your business more professional and credible.
Verified pages rank higher in search results and timeline updates. Your products and services will be more visible to those who have intent on buying them. A verified Google My Business page will also increase your ranking in Google and get free marketing via local business listing.
Most companies will conduct due diligence when they want to accredit your business as their supplier. Having a verified online presence will increase the chance of your business being accredited.
5. Increase Sales
Ultimately, a verified business page will help your enterprise increase sales and revenue. Verification is free most of the time so take advantage of it.
How to verify your business online
Update: As of March 2020, Facebook has removed gray badges for local businesses.
To prove Page authenticity going forward, Facebook recommends Page Admins make sure their Page profile is complete with up-to-date information, a profile picture and correct contact information. Page owners can also post regularly since an active Page shows the company is still in business.
Google My Business
Follow the steps below to use a computer to request a verification postcard:
- Sign into Google My Business.
- Choose the business you'd like to verify, then click Verify now.
- On the postcard request screen, make sure that your address is displayed accurately. If it isn't, edit the address before you request your letter. You can also add an Optional contact name to help us get your postcard to you.
- Click Send postcard.
- Check the mail for your postcard. Most postcards arrive within 14 days. Do not edit your business name, address, or category, or request a new code while you're waiting. This may delay the verification process.
To enter the verification code, follow these steps:
- After you get your postcard, sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like to manage.
- Click Verify location from the menu or click the Verify now button.
- In the Code field, enter the 5-digit verification code from your postcard.
- Click Submit.
After creating your profile on Burket, you may be verified by following these easy steps:
- Sign into Burket
- Make sure you have completed your business profile – location, industry, and logo.
- On the homepage, click the verify button. If you are in the seller dashboard, click verification under the company menu.
- You will be asked to upload the following documents: SEC or DTI certification, Mayor’s Permit, BIR Form 2303, BIR Form 0605, and General Information Sheet (GIS)
- Enter your date of incorporation or the day your business has been registered.
- Click Submit. You will receive feedback after 2-3 business days.
There are various benefits to verifying your online business profiles, from added credibility to larger visibility to increased ranking in search engines. For b2b, it will increase your chance to be accredited by larger companies as their supplier. So, what are you waiting for? Make your influence on social media and marketplaces official by verifying your business page today!