Burket's 2019 Year in Review
2019 has been a busy year for us at Burket. Since we launched our alpha last March, we now have more than 1,600 companies on the platform. As we prepare for the next decade, let’s look back at our highlights in 2019.
2019 by the numbers
- Burket won the Manila leg of the Asia Accelerator Roadshow held at QBO
- Burket went live with its alpha version
- Burket started with 200 pre-registered users
- Burket joined "Jump Start! A Startup Pitching Event" organized by the German Embassy and Impact Hub Manila
- We introduced the business starter kits which help entrepreneurs jump-start their supplier network for a new business or product.
- Burket graduated from KMC and Impact Hub's Space for Ingenious incubation program. The 6-month course culminated in a demo day.
- Burket made it to the top 12 of the Wildfire Pitch Competition at the Ignite Conference 2019
- Burket joined the Philippine delegation at the RISE Conference in Hong Kong.
- Burket got featured in BusinessWorld's Sparkup. Read the article here
- Burket is one of two Philippine startups who pitched at the RISE Pitching Competition. Read more about it here
- Our COO shared insights on how to expand your business to global markets at the Philippine MSME Summit held at Philippine International Convention Center
- Burket launched its company verification program.
- Our COO shared his insights at the Startup Hacks: from idea to beta organized by YES.
- Burket was selected as a country finalist in the Rice Bowl Awards for best AI and best e-commerce startup
- Burket participated at the Seamless Philippines 2019
- SMEs visited our booth at the Go Negosyo SignUp! Angat lahat sa Digital” event at the World Trade Center which helped us reach our highest daily visitor count on our website
- Burket exhibited at the Startup Zone at the World of Consumer Electonics Expo
- Companies registered on Burket reached the 1k mark
- We achieved our highest pageviews in a single day
- Our COO talked about helping SMEs go online at the Philippine SME Business Expo and Conference held at the SMX Convention Center
- Burket joined the top 20 of the Ring of Fire Competition at the Techtonic Summit
- Burket supported the first Climathon in the Philippines. Our CEO was one of the mentors during the event
- Burket exhibited at the Philippine Startup Weekend – Tech Advantage by DICT at the Crowne Plaza Manila.
- Burket was part of the Philippine delegation to the ASEAN-ROK Startup Weekend
- Burket made its pitch at the ASEAN-ROK Startup Expo ComeUp 2019
A big thanks to our partners
We’re very grateful to KMC and Impact Hub Manila for being part of the Space for Ingenious batch 2. We’ve learned a lot from our sessions from the mentors.
We would also like to thank QBO, Brainsparks, DTI Export Marketing Bureau, and DOST-PCIEERD for their support.
We would like to express our gratitude to our partners who are very much active on Burket – 1PesoHosting.com, Alcavale Invisible Grilles, Cloud CFO, Joei’s Gourmet and One PHP Technology.
We’re looking forward to what 2020 has to bring, with loads of new features and product releases in the works. We’ll be launching our vendor management system and premium plans soon so take advantage of our free offers like the supplier verification service. Contact us if you want to be part of the private beta to avail of a 1-year subscription plan for free.
This past year has been a blast, and we look forward to many more. As we move to the next decade, we’ll keep sharing what we learn as we go and push our vision to create more business opportunities for SMEs in the Philippines and beyond.